- The retailer was aiming to strengthen their profitability through a nine-month accelerated cost reduction programme designed to make the brand more cost focussed and competitive.
- There was a lack of internal capacity and capability, resulting in the need to build and run a programme that engaged stakeholders at every stage.
- The 4C team worked with the senior leadership team over a four-week period to build a robust opportunity assessment and develop and secure agreement to a cost reduction programme.
- We built a multi-workstream programme of 30 sourcing and demand management projects and delivered them in eight months.
- During the programme we engaged the stakeholder community with a robust comms plan to change their perceptions of procurement the programme was extended for three years.
- The programme delivered 19% cost savings on third party expenditure and subsequently improved cost efficiency throughout the business.
- A cultural transformation led to a positive move towards cost consciousness and focus on value.
- As a result, our client achieved improved profitability and increased sustainability focus, making the business more attractive for external investment.