Established in 2000, 4C Associates is an award-winning cost transformation consultancy. Due to exciting growth objectives, including the doubling of our workforce, and our transition from procurement to cost transformation, we are looking to recruit at all levels.
We provide expertise across all areas of cost transformation and procurement, for leading organisations in all market sectors. Our services range from strategy development through to implementation and delivery of results. We are regularly selected to undertake major projects with blue chip clients, due to our innovative approach and high level talent. We offer an unrivalled combination of capabilities, geared towards resolving complex challenges and delivering sustainable, tangible results. Our success depends on the capability, commitment and dedication of our employees. We recruit only the highest calibre individuals.
As a result of the growth in demand for our expertise, 4C is looking for outstanding individuals capable of leading consulting projects and developing client engagements. Our managers lead complex and challenging projects, to ensure that we deliver the results required whilst achieving revenue and profitability targets. We are looking for individuals who have the potential to progress to Partner level roles within our firm. Successful applicants will manage consulting teams working with clients in the UK and abroad.
The Manager/ Senior Manager is responsible for leading complex and challenging client engagements mainly in procurement, but also in supply chain, logistics, manufacturing and related areas. These projects typically involve the proactive identification and delivery of major cost reductions and performance improvements for clients. Achieving such transformation requires the highest levels of change management skill, including challenging, inspiring and leading the consulting team and client executives and staff. Typically key client contacts will be at Board level (COO, CFO or CEO) and clients will be FTSE 100 or equivalent companies. Often the projects will be wide in scope and may encompass several divisions and functions within the organisation. Increasingly our projects have an international aspect. 4C project team sizes, range from six to 20 consultants, including a mix of levels from Analyst to Manager.
The Manager/Senior Manager is also responsible for developing additional sales and business opportunities with existing and potential clients against agreed targets.
Areas of responsibility will typically include the following:
- Responsible for managing one or more projects or project workstreams, including organising and directing the team, tracking project progress, and ensuring results are achieved
- Application of analysis and problem solving techniques to deliver project objectives
- Responsible for successful delivery of project objectives within agreed timescales and ensuring client satisfaction
- Stakeholder management of all relevant client executives and team members
- Responsible for leading one or more major client projects, managing client satisfaction and ensuring effective stakeholder management at all levels including Board level within the client.
- Responsible for overall financial and business management of major projects, including project revenue and profitability.
- Leading and inspiring team members at all levels both within the client and in the 4C team, ensuring excellent team performance and delivery of results.
- Also responsible for specific business development actions – identifying and delivering opportunities with existing clients and achieving sales in line with agreed targets.
- Identifying and developing opportunities with potential clients and achieving sales in line with agreed targets as part of a larger team.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated excellence in their careers to date. They will possess outstanding leadership and team working skills. They will have exceptional presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex, innovative ideas in a persuasive manner to both internal colleagues and external clients in written and verbal formats. They will have exceptional ability to lead successful projects, influence client stakeholders at all levels and deliver results. They will possess a successful track record of managing the most complex and challenging stakeholder relationships.
- A strong track record in leading major change projects, which led to significant reductions in cost and/or improvements in efficiency (either in a consultancy or industry project role).
- A demonstrable strong track record of delivering high quality work and excellent results
- Strong numeric, analytical and verbal reasoning skills with the ability to develop creative solutions and resolve problems
- Outstanding presentation and communications skills
- Proven ability to manage challenging situations and resolve problems
- Commercially astute with the ability to identify opportunities and develop new business
- Proven experience of managing challenging situations and resolving debates and disputes
Qualifications and Experience Required
Candidates must be able to demonstrate experience in one of the following areas:
- Either, previous consulting experience at a senior management level in a top-tier consulting firm, or
- Senior Management experience in a blue chip organisation in a role which includes leading one or more major cost reductions projects and delivering exceptional results in procurement, BPO, Supply chain, logistics manufacturing or a related area.
- A minimum 2.1 degree (or equivalent international qualification) in an appropriate subject from a top UK or international university.
- Preference will be given to candidates with additional professional qualifications (e.g. ACCA, MCIPS) and/or an MBA from a top Business School.
- As travel is a requirement for the role, preference will be given to candidates who are able to travel freely within the EU.