What’s my role
My role and project work is very varied and there is no ‘typical’ assignment. I’m often on the move, switching between domestic and international projects, with one of my most recent transformation projects being with a major multinational retailer based in the Netherlands. The exciting thing about consulting is spending your time working alongside A different variety of client stakeholders, at all levels, and developing new skills and methods in order to deliver project successfully.
On any given day, I will meet with a number of client stakeholders, team members and 3rd parties to discuss deliverables, project progress and new initiatives, as well as the day-to-day challenges, which include facilitating workshops, engaging with external parties and working on reports & presentations.
What do I enjoy about life at 4C
4C has fostered a truly supportive culture which not only makes for a great work environment but also gives space for friendships and social interaction. It is very rewarding to see the positive impact and change we bring to our clients through the work we do with them.
As a result of the growth in demand for our expertise, 4C is looking for outstanding individuals to work on major consulting projects with blue-chip clients. Successful applicants will join consulting teams working with clients throughout the UK and abroad. We are looking for individuals who have the potential to progress to leadership roles within our firm. Selected candidates will be able to demonstrate outstanding ability in analysing complex problems, work closely and productively with a range of client staff from different functions and develop and implement effective solutions.
Consultants and Senior Consultants play an important role in our operations and are responsible for successfully delivering significant elements of major projects. The role involves the proactive identification and implementation of cost reductions and performance improvements. This may involve direct or indirect cost savings, supplier service delivery improvements, and developing and implementing improved processes. Our Consultants and Senior Consultants typically work in teams and may be required to manage other team members.
Areas of responsibility will typically include the following:
- Managing/coordinating delivery of one or more projects/ workstreams to deliver client benefits within tightly defined deadlines
- Meeting with clients and stakeholders to define project requirements
Structuring and leading strategy workshops, writing and presenting client reports and relevant project documentation
- Developing and implementing improved processes
- Managing key client relationships to ensure effective project delivery
- Working with other key third party organisations, including suppliers
- Leading supplier negotiations
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities
- Supporting other 4C teams in sharing best practice and technical/market knowledge.
- Senior Consultants will typically be responsible for managing others and will have wider managerial responsibilities than at the Consultant grade
Successful candidates will have demonstrated excellence in their careers to date. They will have strong team working and stakeholder management skills and will be able to articulate complex, innovative ideas in a persuasive manner to colleagues and external clients. They will also possess first class analytical skills, and have the capacity to manage their work and that of others to achieve successful delivery to challenging deadlines.
- A strong track record in leading, or making significant contributions to major company projects, which led to a major reduction in cost and/ or improvements in efficiency (either in a consultancy or industry project role)
- A demonstrable track record of delivering high quality work and excellent results
- Experience in working with senior stakeholders at executive level and managing successful relationships with stakeholders in a project environment
- Commercially astute with the ability to identify opportunities to develop new business
- Strong numeric, analytical, verbal and reasoning skills with the ability to develop creative solutions to solve problems
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Strong team working skills
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A minimum 2.1 degree (or equivalent international qualification) in an appropriate subject from a top UK or International University
- Previous experience either in a consulting firm or in a project role in industry
- Experience in either a procurement, supply chain, performance improvement or cost reduction context, where the candidate participated in, or led, a major change project which delivered exceptional results
- Preference will be given to candidates with additional professional qualifications (e.g. ACCA, MCIPS) and/or a Master’s Degree from a top Business School
- As travel is a requirement for the role, preference will be given to candidates who are able to travel freely within the EU