European food manufacturer
Accelerated savings delivery programme covering all areas of indirect spend.
The food market in operates on tight profit margins and is extremely competitive. 4C was first selected to work on a targeted savings programme which after delivering significant quick wins, 4C was chosen to provide a second generation outsource to deliver longer term strategic initiatives. The subsequent steps of the collaboration has seen both companies work together to move the current project beyond tactical procurement and into true cost transformation.
Outcome based framework centred around two core service streams:
Category Management for Indirect Spend:
- strategic sourcing
- supplier Relationship Management
Cost Transformation Projects, including:
- range reviews
- supply chain mapping
- process re-design
- exceeded savings targets in the first two years (by 8.5 per cent and 15.5 per cent)
- overseen major changes to business structure, reporting methods, changes to client systems and policies
- built director level relationships across Indirect portfolio
- built internal credibility to allow strategic non-procurement cost base focussed projects to be launched
"4C have been working with United Biscuits since 2009 and have enabled a step change from procurement savings to delivering cost transformation. The team 4C put in place has over-delivered on all objectives and proved themselves to be constant innovators; always looking for processes to optimise or leading edge technology to deploy. We are extremely pleased with the results achieved and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them."
Edward Fuchs, (former) Group Procurement Director when company known as United Biscuits