4Tracker provides accurate project tracking and savings reporting
Pladis, previously known as United Biscuits, is one of the world’s pre-eminent branded snacks businesses. The company produces some of the best known and loved sweet and savoury snacks, with products ranging from biscuits and crackers to cakes and savoury snacks. The portfolio of brands includes McVitie’s, Jacob’s, Carr’s, Jaffa Cakes, Verkade, and Delacre.
With a hundred plus projects across dozens of categories and sub-categories it was important to be able to communicate the in-year savings reliably for the client’s internal procurement reporting including milestone measures.
- Implementation of the 4Tracker tool to manage procurement projects
- The 4Tracker database is updated by 4C with pladis having read access
- All of the UK and NE teams use 4Tracker as the single project management tool
- This provides pladis with consistency of reporting across all UK and NE
- Monthly Spend Area Forum (SAF) meetings are informed by 4Tracker
- Reporting can be by exception for quickness as well as individual project updates to take each category director through the recent project progress
Close working relationships between both Procurement and the categories have underpinned improved supplier performance and significant cost reduction of a regular compounded 3% saving each year on total spend, equating to 8% savings on managed spend
"4C have enabled a step change from procurement savings to delivering cost transformation. The team 4C put in place has over-delivered on all objectives and proved themselves to be constant innovators; always looking for processes to optimise or leading edge technology to deploy. We are extremely pleased with the results achieved and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them"
Edward Fuchs, (former) Group Procurement Director