development of PSCM common processes in E&P
BP is one of the world’s leading integrated oil and gas companies. We provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging.
Incorporating best practices and standardising the way procurement is undertaken in a global organisation.
- Working as part of a combine internal and external team, we reviewed all the current ways of working across the Business Units (BUs)
- Building in external best practices as well as academic insight to develop a common process throughout the procurement lifecycle
- Testing across all regions and category types
- Training and education plan developed to communicate new process and upskill existing staff in new approaches
- Single common process developed
- Handbook and templates developed to communicate new processes
- IT tool specified to automate common process
- Training programme developed to roll-out new process