As a supplier, you don’t need to carry multiple mobile phones to talk to your customers. So why do you need to work with multiple supplier networks?
Business networks and portals have created a centralised location where buying organizations can interact in real time, both internally (e.g., procurement/AP) and externally with suppliers. These platforms have primarily been developed by larger technology providers from a perspective of, and to support, their larger enterprise customers. In this paper we will focus on the supplier facing functionality of these networks and will review the following:
• Status across a wide range of platforms
• Benefits of using these networks
• Issues with current levels of complexity
• The reality for medium and smaller enterprises
• Solutions for these smaller enterprises