We are committed to excellence in our work and focus on delivering
the best possible outcome for our clients
OUR APPROACH IS BUILT ON FOUR PILLARS:
- A highly professional multi disciplined team bringing a wealth of experience from industry, procurement, strategy consulting and finance
- A focus on offering long-term solutions to deliver actionable insights and sustainable benefit
- Commercial agreements aligned to the delivery of profit improvements
- A flexible and innovative approach, taking into account the very latest developments across all markets and sectors
We are proud to be recognised for our efforts in helping our clients drive the procurement agenda forward and focus on delivering excellence in procurement. This success in turn has led to us being recognised in the wider business world and we are delighted with this. We will not rest here and look forward to being able to work with many more of our clients to achieve new heights.
The Awards we have received to date are:
Golden Bridge Award for ‘The Best UK Exporter’.
Organised by the Belgian Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in collaboration with the British Chamber of Commerce Belgium and UK Trade & Investment
CIPS Award for ‘Most improved purchasing operation – Start-Up’ in partnership with our client, De La Rue.
CIPS Award for ‘Best use of technology’ in partnership with our client AstraZeneca.
Awarded 3rd position in the Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic 2006 Fast Track 100
GO Procurement Leadership of the Year Award
GO Awards Excellence in Public procurement Awards – Central Government & Healthcare Organisations. In partnership with Bank of England
CIPS Award for ‘Most improved purchasing operation – Start-Up’ in partnership with our client, B&Q.
CIPS Award for ‘Most innovative project’ in partnership with our client, Boots.
CIPS ‘Overall winner’ again in partnership with our client, Boots.
Senior management team
Danny was formerly CEO of BOC Group, in which he held many senior positions including CEO of Edwards and Chairman of Vacuum Technology and Distribution Services. Danny graduated from UMIST with a BSc in Chemical Engineering and subsequently gained a MASc from the University of Waterloo in Canada.
Ed is one of the two original founders of 4C Associates. He is a regular author on the subject of best practice in procurement, frequently contributing to industry articles in the subject. Prior to 4C’s foundation, Ed was a partner in the Mercer Digital group of Mercer Management Consulting.
Rohit has a wealth of experience in both logistics and consultancy, and has held several key finance positions throughout his career. In addition he has extensive experience in Mergers & Acquisitions and is a LEAN expert. Rohit is ACCA qualified and has a MBA in Finance from Oxford Brooks University.
Jeremy has over 20 years of experience in procurement with a focus on savings delivery, transformation and change management. During this time he has delivered major international savings projects, transforming organisations outputs from, and approaches to, procurement in the Retail, Oil & Gas, Financial Services and Public sectors. He has a particular focus on Private Equity owned organisations.
Chris Herbert has significant experience in project management, leading procurement functions consulting engagements, with 25 years of experience of line management and consultancy across multiple business sectors. Chris has strong leadership skills and a proven track record delivering sustainable value. Chris has successfully handled spends in excess of £250m and teams across 12 countries.
Gavin has over 14 years of consulting experience in procurement and supply chain, specialising in transformation and cost reduction in Retail, Consumer Products and Hospitality sectors. He has lead the transformation of FTSE 100 procurement functions and delivered savings from direct and indirect spend categories, taking an end to end value chain approach to reduce cost and improve margin.
Peter is one of the two original founders of 4C Associates. He is one of the UK’s recognised entrepreneurs founding a number of other companies in addition to 4C. Prior to starting 4C, Peter was a partner at Oliver Wyman. He holds an MBA with Distinction from INSEAD and an MEng and MA from Cambridge University.
Simon is one of the most experienced procurement services leaders in Europe. He previously led IBM’s European Operations and Supply Chain practice. He is a true thought leader and one of the UK’s premier experts in procurement. He brings strong skills in relationship building and project delivery in a range of industries.
Mark Ellis has a wealth of knowledge and experience surrounding the procurement operating model, transformation, P2P optimisation, supplier engagement, savings delivery and managed services. With over 31 years’ experience in procurement and supply chain services in various demanding line, consultancy and project roles, in his Partner role, Mark helps drive transformational change for 4C’s clients.
With over 15 years of experience and strong expertise in procurement technology and advanced analytics, Steve leads 4C’s development team which is focused on developing innovative software solutions to improve insight and release value from the procurement process. Steve has extensive experience in delivering sustainable cost reduction and EBITDA improvement programmes.
Gert van der Heijden
Gert leads 4C Associates’ business in Continental Europe. Gert has a vast experience in Sourcing and Procurement. Until 2002 he worked in leadership positions within Unilever. After his career as a practitioner, Gert moved into consulting positions and led the procurement advisory practices of Berenschot and Deloitte Netherlands. Gert has worked with clients in FMCG Industrial Manufacturing and Public Sector.
- 4C Associates was founded in 2000 by Edward Ainsworth and Peter Marson. The company was born from the insight that for many organisations purchasing complex services is problematic as the usual levers of cost reduction and service improvement fail to deliver the value needed.
- The company began by developing software to help organisations buy professional services. These solutions allowed numerous companies to reduce indirect spend. 4C was also one of the pioneers behind the outsourcing of managed procurement services. In 2003, BG-Group began working with 4C, on one of the industry’s first outsourced procurement programmes.
- 4C has since helped numerous blue chip organisations obtain added value from their suppliers and increase their own agility, whilst delivering bottom line savings in some of the most complex areas.
Starting to grow
- In 2006, following exceptional growth, 4C was listed in the top three of the Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100.
- In 2010, 4C broadened its offer to become one of the leading providers of cost transformation solutions. The team in place was greatly expanded and significant investment was made in developing new solutions, including 4C’s PRISM and Source4 systems.
- In 2011, 4C continued its expansion through the acquisition of Key3 Partners, an award winning team of logistics operators.
Not done yet
- In 2014, 4C acquired best in class Marketing Procurement consultancy ‘Marketing Factory’ from Founder Milan Panchmatia. As part of the acquisition Milan join the management team of 4C and has led the further development of the 4C Marketing Procurement Practice as well as heading up new business development for the group.
- In January 2015 , 4C acquired ProfitFlo Limited. ProfitFlo is a specialist procurement business that has focused on delivering innovative procurement solutions. They have worked with a number of global firms to deliver sustainable, material EBITDA improvements. In particular, the team has built up strong expertise in all aspects of permanent and contingent labour Agency Management including integrated workforce analytics. They have worked in depth with one of the leading, global RPOs/MSPs and also directly with global corporates.
- We aren’t sure what the future holds for certain but we have plans to keep developing and growing and we look forward to what lies ahead
4C is committed to addressing the impact of our business on communities, society and the environment more widely.
In addition to taking a socially responsible attitude towards our direct business activities and their impact on the community, we also consider those of our suppliers and clients – many of whom are global organisations which touch the lives of millions of people.
Who We Work With
4C clients and client suppliers must be able to demonstrate an awareness of key environmental and social issues associated with their operations and products. These include environmentally sound waste management, compliance with local environmental regulations and Improvement in health and safety standards.
Fundraising and Volunteering
4C has worked with several charities to raise money for worthy causes and takes part in a number of fundraising events throughout the year. Recent events include The Bloomberg Square Mile and the 4C London to Paris Cycle Event.
4C also operates a volunteering program for our employees and supports them in their own charitable activities.