We bring together practicality, analytics and a hands on approach to deliver successful supply chain transformation programmes in over 15 countries. Using a wide range of operational experience, we work with a combination of best-in-class and home grown tools and approaches to help you prepare your supply chain to take on the modern day challenges
While global supply chains have been evolving over the many years, they have seldom been subjected to the host of issues they have had in the last 18 months. While this has been an eye opener for many, this has also revealed new barriers to profitability and productivity, fuelled by a very uncertain business environment.
We help companies identify and deliver operational improvement opportunities across six key areas:
Strategy and operating model design – Help you develop a robust supply chain strategy and operating model in line with business objectives and needs
Profit improvement – Maximising profit by optimising your cost to serve and by increasing revenue generation opportunities
Network and logistics optimisation – Optimising your network, and redesigning your warehousing and logistics operations
Operations excellence – Increasing efficiency and effectiveness to maximise your operational results and the overall customer value
Planning, forecasting and execution – Improving the quality of your decision making and operations by improving end to end planning and execution
Sustainability and risk management – Making your supply chains more sustainable by focussing on people, planet and profit
We will work with your operational and executive teams to help you identify the key underlying supply chain problems behind any issue.
We will help you review your operations with strategic and operational lenses, and help set up a detailed programme plan. Our experience of working with your suppliers, peers and customers allows us to test the efficacy of our recommendations as we develop them.
We will work with your teams across the entire breadth of your supply chain, to implement the recommended programme.
UK chain of quick service restaurants
A global player in the QSR industry with over 400 restaurants in the UK, aiming for profitable growth in the region
In a five-year programme, the client is focussing on unprecedented growth and a new menu catering to changing customer preferences.
The client also wants to focus on sustainability, with continuous improvement programmes in managing carbon footprint, food waste, plastic usage and provenance.
- With ambitious growth targets over the next 5 years, the client wanted to assess suitability of current supply chain strategy and operating model.
- There was a need to review the future fit of the lead logistics partner – both in terms of capability and capacity; followed by a market review process to select the right partner to support growth and innovation.
- There was also a need to review and challenge the existing capability and capacity of the current supply chain team and its interaction with the wider company and franchisee operations.
- A full review of existing supply chain strategy, clearly identifying the gaps vs the company’s growth plans and redesign of a new operating model
- Redesigned a new “fit for purpose” organisation structure, in line with the new strategy and to support cross functional activities including NPD
- Delivered 12% savings in distribution costs alongside identifying future focussed distribution options for joint implementation with the 3PL.
Strategy and operating model design for a UK retailer
A leading UK retailer, specialising in fine wines with 200+ stores across the country.
To transform company’s traditional supply chain into a multichannel supply chain following a recent acquisition. Review logistics strategy, review existing logistics processes and operating model, and develop a fit for purpose logistics operating model.
- Strategy review – a review of as-is logistics strategy and identification of gaps to support to-be strategy development.
- Operating model and process redesign – review and design of as-is processes, controls, and organisation structure, to support delivery of to-be strategy. Review instore and DC processes to support multichannel operations.
- Organisational alignment – recommendations for cross-functional system changes for inventory, visibility & returns
- Change management planning – to support sustainable change
- Updated logistics strategy to support company’s multichannel operations
- Redesigned a new “fit for purpose” organisation structure, in line with the new strategy and to support cross functional alignment
- Delivered a change management plan, including support projects like telematics and warehouse optimisation
Analytics led distribution strategy design for a restaurant group
A market leader in the Italian casual dining sector, operating an estate of over 250 restaurants and shops across the UK.
There was a need to review the currently supply chain across all brands, from supplier to SKU, understanding commonalities for rationalisation
There was also a need to review the average order and drop size by brand, and restaurant to understand future distribution requirements
Following restructure in the estate, the client wanted to determine post-BAU supply chain metrics for strategy and distribution tendering process
- Data gathering – Worked across the supply chain to assess existing data structures to get a data led view of their end to end supply chain.
- Stakeholder interviews – Assessing strategic intent based on future business plans and collaboratively identified key report views and KPI measurements.
- Dashboard design and implementation – Developed strategic and tactical dashboards using PowerBI. Worked with key stakeholders and users to implement and drive support for strategy and distribution tendering process.
- Data analysis dashboard, providing several procurement opportunities worth investigating to reduce tail, and consolidate volumes
- A full review of existing supply chain, with clear product flows from distributors through to entire restaurant estate
- A future distribution strategy, consolidating food & beverage volumes with one distributor across all brands