A global OEM operating in rail transport markets, active in the fields of passenger transportation, signalling, and locomotives.
To discuss how we can help you with similar challenges please contact Robin Agarwal.
- The business engaged the 4C group to support production ramp-up at one of their manufacturing site. The client’s requirements were driven by three main challenges:
- Site had struggled repeatedly to ramp up production due to material availability issues.
- Lack of confidence in material availability forecast for effective decision making.
- The management team needed effective solutions to restore confidence and start the turnaround.
- Production ramp-up was essential to satisfy customer demands.
- Combination of operating model changes and process excellence programme.
- Established supplier delivery review cadence to identify and resolve any issues proactively.
- Created a guiding hand ‘Redbook’ clarifying priority processes, KPIs and procedures for the operational execution team during the operating model transition.
- Data analytics and Control tower governance for material availability issue capture escalation, resolution and reporting.
- Material planning MRP parameters optimisation
- Continuous improvement and change management programme.
- Enabling increase in production by 50% over 6 months.
- Inventory reduction >50%.
- Successful Operating model transition and proving the concept for future projects.
December 1st 2023