Procurement Function Establishment
Working with a Public Sector Regulator to establish a strategic in-house Procurement function.
To discuss how we can help you with similar challenges please contact Mark Ellis.
- A newly formed Regulator required support in creating a strategic, customer-focused and responsive procurement function in-house.
- With no-fit-for-purpose policies or procedures in place and no record of the commercial agreements in place across the legacy organisation, the new function had to start from scratch.
- 4C supported the Regulator to bring their procurement service in-house and to establish a team, as well as a suite of systems and processes to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- We provided recommendations for future organisational models and supported both, the recruitment and onboarding process.
- Our team established internal procurement regulations and processes, alongside completing a procurement audit to identify all supplier contracts and to create a contract register.
- We led the internal communications, created training materials and developed intranet content.
- In addition, we established risk and savings registers and created a Contract Manual for the Procurement team.
- Our partnership led to increased compliance, reduced risk and building an established team that delivered £2.3m of savings in its first year.
- As a result, 92% of internal customers rated the Procurement service as good or excellent and customer engagement and feedback received were overwhelmingly positive.