Leading a diagnostic assessment of the procurement and commercial approach for a UK University, with the objective of transforming Procurement’s contribution.
To discuss how we can help you with similar challenges please contact Mark Ellis.
- The client’s team was lacking the skill sets required to deliver the future vision.
- The team’s visibility was limited and proactive engagement with clients or suppliers was lacking.
- The transactional tendering processes in place were seen as reactive, governance driven and offering limited added value.
- The client was lacking key strategies and policies, as well as supplier relationship and contract management being limited.
- In partnership with the client, we developed an organisational design and business case for strengthening the team based on a business partnering approach.
- We established interim leadership whilst a new team was recruited, with the objective to be visible, motivated and engaged with future strategy.
- Working in partnership, we helped to design key strategies and policies focused on a risk-based approach, as well as the Design Contract and Supplier Management toolkit.
- A new team with ‘can do’ attitude was recruited and step change in contribution has been acknowledged by the Executive Board.
- Implementation of a Business Partnering approach with a procurement pipeline was embedded.
- The new procurement strategy and supporting policies in place were redesigned using a risk-based approach, driving maximum value and improved student experiences.