- The client is a global bank serving over 37 million customers, corporate clients and financial institutions across 40 countries.
- As part of the client’s continued focus on improving business performance across its group, it had targeted an improvement of €50M in its P&L across the Benelux market over a three-year period.
- Working with the client’s own teams, 4C led the overall programme to achieve the targeted cost optimisation goals.
- 4C provided programme and change management experience. underpinned with rigorous governance and reporting, to coordinate the identification and delivery of opportunities across marketing, facilities management, operations, human resources and technology.
- Our procurement and cost optimisation expertise, insight and data were also used to drive the development of project charters for each opportunity – as well as validating plans through internal and external benchmarks to ensure the client was targeting maximum cost optimisation.
- Through a planned series of workshops, a total of over 200 candidate cost optimisation projects were identified, which through challenge and validation led to over 50 actual projects with charters for delivery.
- The client was able to shape, mobilise and deliver the programme to its preferred timeline and start delivering savings to the bottom line within the first year.
- Of the total of €50M targeted improvement for the three-year period of the programme, over €35M was successfully delivered to the bottom line in the first 12 months.
- Through our structured handover and upskilling, the client was able to continue delivery of the programme after year one to complete the remainder of the targeted savings.