Food Service Supply Chain Transformation
Partnering with a leisure company on transforming their food distribution strategy, tender management and transition.
To discuss how we can help you with similar challenges please contact Gavin Bowen-Ashwin.
- The client’s objective was to consolidate and simplify the supply from across five direct suppliers and numerous indirect manufacturers into a single, strategic, wholesale food proposition and distribution provider, to alleviate the administrative burden associated with multiple suppliers and excessive nominated SKUs.
- There was a need to review the model, processes, roles and responsibilities of the partner wholesaler and the company’s procurement department.
- The client was seeking improved buying KPIs and IT infrastructure, an optimal delivery schedule and operational improvement measures, as well as enabling the transformation towards a strategic procurement function which could better support each unique brand within the portfolio.
- The 4C team provided in-depth category planning for each foodservice category with key inputs from business-wide stakeholders, resulting in a defined scope, objectives and strategy for a full foodservice tender.
- Concurrently we identified and engaged with prospect bidders from the market, created and issued an extensive data-supported RFP document with over 150 extensively scoped and researched individual requirements across 11 sub-sections.
- This was followed by an in-depth analysis of bidder responses, product sampling facilitation, negotiation and final recommendation for the award of a 5+ year contract, with the implementation plan to follow.
- The client uncovered long term benefits though the defined distribution of the vision and strategy, gap analysis against best practice and a detailed roadmap to deliver step change.
- A full SKU count optimisation was achieved, reducing nominated lines to simplify processes and to improve wholesale leverage.
- We managed the end-to-end food service tender, maximising engagement and value delivered, and then managed the transition to new the new food service partner whilst maintaining supply and service to the customer.