Procurement Sourcing Desk
Working with a global biotech organisation to establish a robust plan in support of their on-going procurement transformation.
To discuss how we can help you with similar challenges please contact Will Sillar.
- With a procurement transformation underway, and with key category leadership roles to fill, the client requested support for both immediate project delivery and the 2022 opportunity pipeline in five key spend areas including professional services, marketing, MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences & Exhibitions), CapEx and CDMO (Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation).
- The client team had a wide geographical footprint and rapid growth that needed support to address procurement opportunities and challenges, together with the establishment of procurement as a critical enabler of success.
- 4C’s approach focused on partnering shoulder to shoulder with the client for a full review of spend visibility, capabilities and categories.
- The visibility of spend to drive insights enabled us to set the right savings objectives that aligned with the client’s wider requirements.
- Subsequently we built the right capabilities, utilised the right platforms and processes and upskilled the handover and coaching for a successful transformation journey.
- We identified the need for a structured approach in building a long-term view to maintain good cost culture in the future and ensure that changes are self-sustaining.
- In addition, we created category strategies utilising SME knowledge across market and category to generate a sustainable pipeline of sourcing opportunities for 2022 onwards.
- The programme resulted in savings of 3-5% for short-term opportunities and 4-12% for long-terms opportunities across the five key spend areas, enabling long term benefits for both the business and patients.
- An opportunity to establish a programme of capability building focused on individual leaders, supporting the team with planning, as well as access to knowledge and learning was highlighted.
- We identified vast opportunities spanning from harmonisation of rates to total workforce management.
- The client was equipped with a capability building programme focused on individual leaders, supporting them with planning and providing access to knowledge and learning, including a transition lab for each lead, development plans as well as on-going coaching.