Sustainability strategy at 4C Associates is defined by our joint aspiration to do no harm and benefit all, both internally and through our platform to enact change with clients. We believe that being credible in this area is the demonstration of meaningful progress and continually improving holistic ESG performance, from employee engagement to fair procurement practices. For this reason, we are particularly proud to be certified as a B Corp organisation by B Lab – a credential that demonstrates our commitment to transforming our business to benefit all people, communities, and the planet. In other words we practice what we preach.
As enablers of procurement and supply chain transformation, 4C are uniquely placed to help society tackle the biggest sustainability challenges it faces today in the provision of public services, the supply of critical consumer goods or the delivery of medicines to patients. We can support organisations with the challenges of being sustainable, helping your business to be ready for the future, today. Our sustainability transformational services are here to help prepare, plan and execute your strategic sustainability roadmap, tailored to your unique needs.
At 4C we understand the challenges our clients face with sustainability transformation, which include:
- Understanding what sustainability means for the organisation and what the sustainability objectives and aspirations might be
- Visibility of sustainability risks and opportunities that exist for your organisation
- Defining the Strategic objectives and aligning them with overall business strategy
- Constructing an effective efficient change programme to achieve the desired goals (people, policies, processes)
- Measuring a sustainability programme’s success and embedding the processes that maintain performance
- Our sustainability specialists seek to understand your aspirations, capabilities, opportunities, and risk exposure.
- Using our Prosperity Framework, we work with you to explore your opportunities and prioritise the most effective objectives that define your Sustainability Strategy.
- Collaborating with your team, we translate your strategic roadmap into a full sustainability programme for change.
- Our track record in delivering change programs in supply chains mean that our teams are equipped with all the processes and capabilities to ensure projects are executed swiftly and successfully.
- Finally, we work with you to embed the sustainable ways of working that maintain long-term sustainable performance
Our rigorous service solution takes a holistic approach to Ethical, Environmental and Economic sustainability and prosperity to provide your business with:
- Visibility of your sustainability risks and your internal and external opportunities
- A clearly defined sustainability vison and strategy aligned to the company vision and corporate objectives with measurable reportable transparent performance
- Delivery of improved performance against a roadmap for change
- A collaborative organisation and supply base which will work with you in the long-term
Our team have first-hand experience of managing sustainability change programmes from within organisations, improving how processes operate, eliminating risk, and discovering new opportunities for growth.
4C’s experience, technology and tools helps us to craft insight-driven solutions.
Above all, it’s our people and the relationships they forge that deliver the real difference.
Modern Slavery Compliance Programme
Our client is amongst the oldest football associations in the world and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the amateur and professional game in its territory.
As with all almost all UK businesses, our client is obligated under the Modern Slavery Act to publish a ‘Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement’ each financial year. This covers multiple areas including but not limited to supply chain, due diligence and policies & governance. 4C’s anti-slavery programme improves compliance to the Modern Slavery Act through reporting, governance and implementation.
The 4C Anti-Slavery compliance programme uses an approach that includes reporting, governance and programme implementation in order to improve compliance with the Modern Slavery Act.
This is a phased approach that develops frameworks to improve control within the procurement function and implements deliverables such as KPI reporting & measurement and supply chain risk assessments to best support the client, while also considering both organisational preparedness and maturity.
- Advanced client social value initiatives in keeping with the 4C prosperity framework by improving compliance to the Modern Slavery Act
- Development of comprehensive and specific KPIs to measure and manage progress towards objectives relating to modern slavery
- Developed and implemented reporting and tools required to monitor and continuously improve controls and processes throughout the supply chain
Sustainability and Risk Management
With over 450 restaurants in the UK & Northern Ireland, this fast food chain is one of the biggest names on the UK high street and the global QSR industry.
Over the next 5 years, the client is focussing on an unprecedented, 80% growth and a new menu catering to the changing customer preferences.
The client also wants to focus on sustainability, with continuous improvement programmes in managing carbon footprint, food waste, plastic usage and provenance
- With ambitious growth targets over the next 5 years, the client wanted to assess suitability of current supply chain strategy and operating model.
- There was a need to review the supply base to ensure they had the right partners to fulfil their ambitious growth plans. From menu changes to contingency planning, our client needed to ensure the supply chain was fit for future’.
- There was also a need to review and challenge the existing capability and capacity of the current supply chain team and its interaction with the wider Burger King operations.
- A full review of existing supply chain strategy, clearly identifying the gaps vs the company’s growth plans and redesign of a new operating model
- Redesigned a new “fit for future” organisation structure, in line with the new strategy, support cross functional activities including NPD and support long term sustainability in People, Plant and Profit
- Identified key strategic suppliers for the client to invest in, and collaborate with to ensure the supply chain was robust enough to meet the growth objectives