Distribution Strategy, Outsource & Transition Management
Partnering with an international bakery chain on developing a distribution strategy, outsource and transition management.
To discuss how we can help you with similar challenges please contact Gavin Bowen-Ashwin.
- 4C was engaged to partner with the board of a leading premium bakery and food-service chain, as they embarked on a journey to double their retail footprint.
- In addition, there was a need for simplification and capacity expansion of the CPUs.
- The 4C team diagnosed the existing in-house logistics operations and identified the sourcing requirements and baseline cost-to-serve.
- Subsequently we identified a long list of potential logistics partners and shortlisted four suitable candidates as part of the soft market test.
- Our team conducted a full RFP process on behalf of the client and negotiated the BAFO from potential suppliers.
- We recommended a suitable logistics partner and obtained endorsement from the board.
- In addition, we provided the implementation support on People, Legal and Operations.
- The right logistics partner was identified to achieve the ambitious retail growth and to manage the complex operational transition of CPUs.
- The client accomplished the required service at a similar level to the existing in-house logistics with added innovative digital solutions and a clear and transparent commercial model focused on sustainable impact.
- The client were enabled to focus on core business by partnering with a last-mile specialist experienced in the multi-temperature food products and multi-drop deliveries to metropolitan locations on the same-day, enabling improved customer experience without the added environmental burden.