- The client, a major government department who provides monetary grants and support to businesses and individuals in relation to Energy Security and delivering governments ambitions on achieving Net Zero, required commercial surge capacity to support new and emerging projects through the commercial cycle.
- In particular, the client sought capacity and capability around the development of the Business Case as it moved through the commercial cycle, particularly in the Strategic Phases of Delivery Model Assessments, Market Research & Engagement and Should Cost Modelling.
- In the first year 4C supported the Department on major commercial initiatives across government, such as a multi-billion Grant Scheme, Options Analysis and subsequent procurements, Retrofit Call Centre procurement, Grant Schemes Commercial Strategy and now supporting the setting up of the Great British Nuclear organisation. 4C supported the Department to navigate and comply with all internal and external policy and approvals requirements during these engagements.
- In addition, 4C has supported the Department with discrete continuous improvement projects that have benefited the wider Departmental Commercial team. Examples of such projects include:
- Contract management and support to dispute resolution for historic contracts that lacked commercial oversight;
- Conducted analysis around Market Engagement and developed user guides on delivering good Market Engagement Sessions; and
- Reviewed and updated all of the end to end Commercial Processes and their alignment to the PCNs, visualising the guidance to support the commercial team.
- Our support and leadership on key areas have ensured that critical programme timescales have been maintained such at the Grant Delivery Partner, moving the UK towards Net Zero.
- We have delivered savings on the commodity procurements we have managed, utilising our commercial expertise and deep category knowledge.
- We have increased the reputation of the Commercial team through our strong relationships with Policy and Delivery leads who rely on Commercial for Scheme/Policy delivery.